- Tuesday 5 March 2013With a new constitution in effect since 2010, Kenyans are for the first time voting for new elected positions including senators, governors and women’s representatives
- Thursday 28 February 2013The event was put together by the entire school staff and students that saw all those present and the invited guests converge at the school’s main hall for celebration of Holy Mass, conducted in honour of the school by the Bishop.
- Tuesday 29 January 2013The main objective of this peace initiative was to mobilize children and young people who mostly have been victims of the violence, to voice the need for peace as the country prepares for next elections due in one month.
- Friday 25 January 2013His eyes condition worsened when he was 5, forcing him to abandon studies for some time while seeking medication. The condition could not, however, be reversed and he went totally blind. Her mother could not afford taking him to Special school there after due to financial constrains.
- Wednesday 9 January 2013On November 26 in the Tone la Maji (Nairobi) started a workshop of Social Circus for the children and adolescents of Koinonia Homes: Tone La Maji, Kivuli, Anita's Home and Ndugu Mdogo. It lasted until December 20. The workshop was conducted by members of the Italian Foundation "Uniti per Crescere Insieme" (UCI). The Tone la Maji Circus Project will have two session per year until December 2014, during the school holidays.
This program continues the Koinonia tradition of using the arts of circus for rehabilitation and education of the youth.
- Saturday 22 December 2012A summary of 2012 Koinonia Activities.22 December 2012
- Tuesday 18 December 2012On December 8 2012 more than 200 young men and ladies, who had some experience of street life and were rescued from it by charitable children institutions in Nairobi (CCIs), gathered for their first ever conference.
- Tuesday 18 December 2012Father Renato Sesana, known to everybody in Kenya as Father Kizito, has received a prestigious award assigned every year in December by the Lombardy Region in Italy for “Peace and Solidarity”.
- Monday 17 December 2012Manning up for all the wrong reasons: When child sexual abuse is reported, the victim is almost always a girl. But, as a recent study found out, more and more boys are suffering in silence
- Tuesday 17 December 2012One of the most widely discussed theories of child sexual abuse is David Finkelhor’s Four Preconditions Model of Child Sexual Abuse.
David Finkelhor is an American Professor of Sociology and Director of Crimes Against Children Research Centre. He claims that sexual abuse results from a perpetrator sequentially overcoming each of four obstacles to the sexually abusive act.
- Tuesday 13 November 2012This year’s Domus mariae's Kenya National Examiniation Council (KCSE) Candidates in their preparation to the National Examination which started on 21 October 2012 were dedicated to God in Prayers through Mass organized by the institution. They were accompanied by Parents, Friends and Family members. It was on this same day that the School officially unveiled the schools new Bus. Catch a glimpse.....
- Friday 2 November 2012Get Together Girls is the story of six Kenyan former street girls who have been stay at Anita's Home and have become fashion designers thanks to a tailoring project created by an Italian mentor, Grazia Orsolato, after leaving her job in Italy and moving to Africa. The documentary below was written by Vanessa Crocini. Catch a Glimpse
- Tuesday 30 October 2012On October 28 a team of Danish art students from Silkeborg Hojskole, a short-term vocational training institution situated in Det midtjyske Søhøjland District, made their tenth visit to Ndungu mdogo Rescue home. The 8 visiting students concluded a two-day street art Activity on 28-29 October that saw them work together with children from the streets of Nairobi and those reformed, living in the Rescue Centre in Kibera. Check the video below....
- Monday 8 October 2012The school was among few chosen to entertain the President Mwai Kibaki, a number of dignitaries together with the general public in this years edition of the Nairobi Trade Fare on October 4. Catch a glimpse on the Video Below..
- Monday 8 October 2012About 10 representatives and caregivers drawn from all the Koinonia Community centres took part in the two week-training which started on September 3, facilitated by two specialists from Italy. The two: Gian Paolo and Francesca are part of a visiting team from Italy who have been receding at Tonelamaji for the training and a series of other activities with the boys at the centre.
page 1 of 8 | previous - next