- Koinonia initiated a small street children program in 1992. A football team comprising children living in the streets and other children from Riruta area was formed. Alongside the sporting activity, hot meals, medical care, school placement and temporary shelter were provided to the children.
- 9 June 2010The Koinonia Children Team Tour in Italy
- The mission of Kivuli Youth Club is to serve diverse categories of young people around the project area, promoting a holistic personal growth.
- Nafsi Afrika - or the Spirit of Africa – is a group of over 30 professional acrobats and dancers from very poor backgrounds who have participated in several national competitions and won various prizes.
- Kivuli Dispensary was established in 1998, initially to cater exclusively for the medical care of the children.
- The programme provides credit facilities that enable assist single mothers, and in particular those whose children are under rehabilitation at the Centre, to start economic activities that will enable them to support their children.
- The school is affiliated to Software Technologies Limited, which conducts its examinations and awards various certifications. Many of its graduates have secured jobs upon completion of their studies.
- The Danilo and Luca Fossati Training Centre trains 12 students in auto mechanics and 12 students in electronics each year. It was founded, in 2005, with the assistance of Fondazione Fossati (Milano, Italy).
- The school offers courses in French, Italian, Kiswahili and English. It also gives special courses to students who want to sit privately for the secondary school level examinations.
- Yassets is an imaginative short form of the phrase “Young Satellites”.